Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 56 Wednesday 15.5.2013 7th Weigh-In

15st 2lbs (212lbs): loss this week = -2lbs, Overall = 4lbs

I was not surprised at this result - you can feel if you've lost weight or not.

I've already concluded that, whilst it has had ongoing and lasting benefits, this technique does not work (for me at least) on its own.

Even if I desperately wanted to lose weight, I don't think it would make any difference.

That said, there are cetainly aspects of it that I will incorporate into my own therapies. Visualising the stomach as being the size of a (stretchy) tennis ball and eating consciously have ingrained themselves into my subconscious and eliminated bloating and heartburn.

From today I will be introducing my own additional rules that I employ in my own therapies:
1: No snacking between three square meals except for social purposes where the minimum will be partaken.
2. No food after 7pm except socially as above.
My therapies contain several other rules too but I do these automatically anyway, such as regular meditation for example.

Another barrier to success is motivation - I'm not personally desperate to lose weight, as my current weight is not "in the way" - it's not inhibiting my success as a therapist, Missus still fancies me as I am and I have no weight-related health issues. That said, to lose weight does wonders for your cred, and to lose weight yourself, which I have done twice before already by the way inspires both clients and potential clients.

In addition, refining a therapy by actually doing it on yourself makes it a highly effective therapy.  In the name of good science and professional credibility I shall continue!




No comments:

Post a Comment