Wednesday 27 March 2013

DAY 7 Wednesday 27.3.2013 First Weigh-In

WEIGH-IN: 15st 3lbs (213lbs) - Down 4 lbs

Great result! As good as I could have expected. It's a great start.

Today's consumption:
6 squares dark choc
2 rashers bacon, beans, fried egg, 1 slice bread
1 rack pork ribs
3 pints of beer
1 packet of crisps
1 choc biscuit

As you can see this is not a tough kinda regime - in fact it's not a regime at all, because what's changed is simply my focus - from food to stomach. I'm now thinking about what my body needs, rather than seeing my body as something that pesters me and I throw food at it to shut it up.

Of course the above doesn't look like healthy eating, but in the overall scheme of things the odd "night out" nutrition does no harm.

I have noted that alcohol, like ice cream, is a "band-buster", a good way of passing a lot of calories through a small space. Fortunately, though I thoroughly enjoy a beer when I have one, it's not a daily feature of my life.

Encouraging though the first week has been, only the full length of the experiment will determine whether the mindset change is permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment