Tuesday 19 March 2013

DAY -1

DOES THE HYPNOTIC GASTRIC BAND REALLY WORK?
Seeing a hypnotherapist is kinda expensive, so wouldn't it be great to see if it works or not with your own eyes first? Even better, what if the hypnotherapist was the one you watched trying it out? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THIS BLOG!! You will be able to see for yourself whether it's worth going for.

HOW THE EXPERIMENT WILL WORK
Tomorrow (Day 0) I am seeing another hypnotherapist to have the hypnotic gastric band "installed". You will then be able to follow my progress for six months between the two equinoxes, Spring to Autumn, so this blog has a finite beginning and end.

If it works for a hypnotherapist, it might just work for you! If not, I will not offer this service myself, as if it doesn't work for me, I can't with integrity offer it or recommend it to others. If it does, I will be offering it myself to clients immediately after.

WHO ARE YOU SEEING?
I'm not telling you! That way the therapist has nothing to lose. Obviously if it works I will be a competitor, and will want clients to come to me, but if it doesn't, that therapist's reputation won't be damaged.

IF YOU'RE A THERAPIST, HOW COME YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT?
I don't - at least not in my own mind. I'm comfortable in my own skin, I'm healthy, my clothes all fit, and my wife is happy with me, so I don't really have an incentive in my personal life. However, many people are unhappy, and if they see someone showing by example what can or can't be used to help them, they will be better informed about their options.

OK BUT YOU MUST BE CARRYING EXCESS WEIGHT TO BE ABLE TO LOSE IT
Yes that's true. Oddly enough it started to creep back up when instead of being my second job, being a therapist became my first job. I got a lot less exercise as I am now at home most of the time with continual access to food. I consequently have weight that I can lose, and if I do lose it, it certainly won't do any harm.

 WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SIX MONTHS? WILL YOU RETURN TO HOW YOU ARE NOW?
Who knows? The therapist assures me that my weight will not only be lost but stay lost - permanently. My eating habits will have undergone a permanent change so the Weight will stay lower. If it did creep back up again, that would also disprove it as a permanent solution and I would stop offering the treatment.

YOU SEEM SKEPTICAL
Not skeptical, just objective. I have an open mind. For me it's a win-win. Either I'll have an exciting new treatment to offer my own clients, or I will have disproved a gimmick.

SO WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING TO HAPPEN TOMORROW?
Well I will weigh myself and take the time-honoured "before" picture. I will then go have the session which is booked for the early afternoon. You will then be able to follow my progress on here.

ARE YOU GOING TO SEE THIS THROUGH?
If the treatment is clearly not working at all, I will end the blog early and report my findings as a closer, but if it continues to work, rest-assured I will complete the full six months.

I'M SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL FOLLOW YOUR PROGRESS. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment